Everyone from Taylor Swift to Emma Roberts is sporting this sexy trend. Years ago, the bodysuit was considered an essential item for professional and ballet dancers, which was often called a leopard.
The bodysuit is like a one-piece swimsuit but with a hook, snap or Velcro closure located at your groin, to facilitate quick bathroom breaks. This simple pieces in the last few years has transformed into an essential fashion must have.
What makes the bodysuit so popular?
Have you ever tried to tuck a shirt into your skinny jeans, only to be left with an unsightly lump under your pants? Or reached for something on top of the fridge and your shirt becomes un-tucked? With your bodysuit that won’t even be a concern.
One of the reasons that bodysuits have gained popularity is that the fit is flattering for all body types. They look great with all types of bottoms such as high waist shorts and pants and pencil skirts.
Bodysuits are made from comfortable fabric that can be worn for a glamorous evening out on the town or under your denim skirt lounging at the beach in your sandals. There are so many types of bodysuits that you will want to up your wardrobe with a deep-necked V-neck bodysuit for that sexy evening look.
Types of bodysuits you need in your wardrobe
There is no doubt that one of the most versatile items in your wardrobe is a bodysuit, as it comes in so many cuts, sizes and styles that you won’t have any difficultly finding one or more that fits your style needs.
- Scoop neck and plunging necklines are some of the most popular bodysuits available today, as they look fantastic with everything. But if you are trying to stand out or grab a certain someone’s attention then maybe you should consider a unique lace-up or off-shoulder style.
- If you are striving for a casual but sexy look, opt for a black, backless bodysuit that matches great with a pair of skinny jeans or a flowing skirt. If you are looking for a more daring look, try a skin-on-top of skin colored fabric.
- During the colder winter months, try a long-sleeved turtleneck bodysuit and pair it with tall boots and plush sweaters.
- If you are looking for a sultrier bodysuit, then maybe consider one made from leather, lace or mesh.
How to wear a bodysuit
The bodysuit fashion trend is here to stay, as it is an essential piece to every woman’s wardrobe. As you can see the combining options are endless.
- For a bohemian look, pair a pastel colored bodysuit with a long flowing flower skirt and a pair of sandals.
- If you are trying to conceal your busty chest, a bodysuit can help to hold everything in place for a sleek silhouette.
- For a more professional look, wear your black bodysuit with black pencil skirt with an overcoat and you will look, as if you are ready to take over the world.
You will love the versatility of your bodysuit, as it fits in perfectly with your daytime and nighttime attire.